CHIPPEWA FALLS, Wis. (WSAU) -- A Chippewa Falls parent found out the hard way that you shouldn’t bring marijuana laced chocolate bars back from Colorado, because your kids will find them.
38-year-old Jason Hetke is now facing charges because his daughter found the chocolate bar, and ate the whole thing. Hetke is scheduled to make an appearance in court Tuesday for misdemeanor child neglect and possession of marijuana.
The chocolate bar had a wrapper that warned consumers not to eat it all at once because it was extremely potent. The candy had 22 1/2 doses of the drug, or 225 milligrams of THC infused into it.
The child found the candy bar with something extra in her dad’s dresser drawer.
Marijuana infused foods are legal in Colorado, but cannot be shipped to other states. It also cannot be sent within Colorado by U.S. Mail, since the federal government still outlaws marijuana and the postal service is a federal agency.