LA CROSSE, WI (WTAQ) - No injuries were reported after a natural gas additive leak was reported at a La Crosse convenience store early Friday morning.
La Crosse Fire Department Division chief Jeff Murphy told WEAU-TV that crews received several calls from people reporting a strange smell in the area near the store.
Murphy says a substance called Mercaptin was leaking at the store. It's added to natural gas so people know about a leak, although Murphy says no natural gas was released.
He says the leak was fixed. Nobody was evacuated, and Murphy says there was no danger to the public.
(Story courtesy of Wheeler News Service)