TOMAHAWK, WI (WTAQ) - A northern Wisconsin man was let off with a warning for lighting illegal fireworks -- and it's just as well, since he had vehicle damage as a result.
Lincoln County authorities responded to a pickup truck fire late Saturday night at a business near Tomahawk.
A neighbor had already put out the fire with an extinguisher before firefighters could get to work.
Investigators said the man admitted firing bottle rockets -- and one of them landed in the bed of his 13-year-old pickup truck. The bedliner caught fire -- and it caused damage to the box, tailgate paint, and tail lights.
No one was injured.
(Story courtesy of Wheeler News Service)