FOND DU LAC, WI (WTAQ) - A hotel in Fond du Lac was heavily damaged by fire Friday.
Crews were called about 9:15 a.m. to the Comfort Inn.
A Fond du Lac fire official said the blaze apparently started between two buildings outside the hotel, perhaps in a trash can.
A dozen fire departments responded, as smoke and flames spread through much of the 78-room hotel. Two people were treated for smoke inhalation.
The fire was put out during the noon hour. It was ventilated, and officials said all of the carbon monoxide was removed.
Foul play is not suspected. The hotel is expected to be closed at least through Monday.
(Story courtesy of Wheeler News Service)