MADISON, WI (WTAQ) - Three people are recovering, after they inhaled toxic fumes at a plant in Madison.
It resulted from a spill which happened last evening at Mentor Biologics, a company that makes a drug that competes with Botox. Fire officials said the injuries were minor, and the three workers were taken to UW Hospital as a precaution.
Division Chief Art Price said they were all alert and walking after they were exposed. He said a small amount of chlorine dioxide was spilled in a cleaning fluid that was used during a cabinet cleaning operation.
Price said the cleaning agent is toxic, but the chemical was not at full strength because it was diluted before being used in the plant.
(Story courtesy of Wheeler News Service)