MANITOWOC, WI (WTAQ) - A man killed in a fire at his home in Manitowoc was identified Wednesday morning as 90-year-old Arnold Goeke.
Coroner Curtis Green said Goeke died from smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning after his house caught fire Tuesday night. The cause of the blaze and a damage estimate were not determined as of mid-morning.
Manitowoc firefighters were called around 8 p.m., and they had the blaze under control in about an hour.
Five other departments responded. The Salvation Army provided hot beverages for the rescuers, and a Manitowoc city bus served as a warming shelter.
The state Fire Marshal's office is helping local authorities investigate.
(Story courtesy of Wheeler News Service)