TOWN OF OCONTO FALLS, WI (WTAQ) - A chimney fire at a Town of Oconto Falls home kept firefighters busy out in the cold Tuesday morning.
Because of the deep freeze, Town of Gillett Fire Chief Dale Reichwald says he has to watch more than just the flames.
“You can get yourself warmed up, and then when you do quit moving, the cold sets in real fast,” Reichwald told FOX 11. “For the guys that are actually in doing the fight, it's a brutal again today.”
Crews had to use water from the fire trucks.
“Things are going to ice up real fast, and get slippery. And you are going to have lines freezing, nozzles freezing,” said Reichwald.
At the time of the fire, five members of the family were home. No one was hurt.
Authorities say most of the damage occurred in the area of the chimney. No damage estimates have been made available.
(Additional reporting from FOX 11)