ARCADIA, WI (WTAQ) - Thirteen people were taken to a hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning from a home near Arcadia in western Wisconsin.
Trempealeau County authorities responded to a house where seven adults and five children fell ill late Sunday afternoon.
A responding officer also succumbed, and was treated at a local hospital and later released.
WQOW-TV in Eau Claire said there was no word on the conditions of the other 12 people. Officials said a charcoal grill was apparently being used to heat the home.
The incident remains under investigation.
(Story courtesy of Wheeler News Service)