DE PERE, WI (WTAQ) - Some De Pere residents were forced from their homes after high levels of carbon monoxide were discovered Monday night.
De Pere Fire officials were called around 9 p.m. to 1746 Burgoyne Court, where they evacuated everyone for about an hour.
High levels of carbon monoxide were found throughout the apartment complex. A heating unit separate from the living area was the source of the carbon monoxide.
Six people were evaluated on scene for carbon monoxide exposure. Two people were taken to the hospital.