ALLOUEZ, WI (WTAQ) - Green Bay Metro firefighters responded to a fire at an Allouez restaurant Wednesday.
The call came in just before Noon about a fire in the rear of Los Magueyes Mexican restaurant at 1329 South Webster Avenue.
Fire Battalion Chief Paul Arvey says there was an electrical fire behind a soda machine.
Firefighters had to open up a corner of the building to get at the fire.
The owner says about 20 people were eating lunch at the time he noticed smoke.
Everyone inside the building got out safely.
Nearby homes were also evacuated as a precaution, but residents have been allowed to return.
The restaurant is expected to reopen in a couple weeks.