APPLETON, WI (WTAQ) - Firefighters in Appleton say a child playing with a lighter caused a fire at the Harbor House domestic abuse shelter.
The call went out around 9 p.m. Saturday.
Officials indicate the building's sprinkler system contained the blaze to a third story bedroom.
29 adults and 36 children had to find another place to spend the night because of water damage.
The Red Cross and family members are helping the displaced residents.
The affected residents are expected to be allowed to return Sunday or Monday.