MADISON, WI (WTAQ) - An 8-year-old boy who was injured by Mother Nature’s fireworks could be home from the hospital in time to see the 4th of July fireworks.
Blake Draeger of rural Edgar was struck by lightning on June 26th, while riding his mini-bike on his great uncle’s farm about 15 miles west of Wausau.
It ruptured his eardrums, scratched part of his eyeballs, and put second-degree burns on over 15 percent of his body.
He was taken to the UW Hospital Burn Center in Madison – and his father says he could be sent home as early as Thursday.
Chris Draeger used CPR to revive his son on the night of the storm. He fell unconscious despite wearing a bicycle helmet.
Chris Draeger says doctors expect a full recovery, with no permanent damage to Blake’s eyes or ears.