On Air Now

Upcoming Shows

Program Schedule »

Tune in to Listen

Listen Live Now » 1440 AM Green Bay, WI


Current Conditions(Green Bay,WI 54303)

More Weather »
57° Feels Like: 57°
Wind: NNW 15 mph Past 24 hrs - Precip: 0.01”
Current Radar for Zip


Partly Cloudy 59°


Partly Cloudy 38°


Sunny 68°


  • 0 Severe Weather Alerts
  • 0 Cancellations

Neenah police release more information in Walmart shooting


NEENAH, WI (WTAQ) - Neenah police are talking more about a workplace shooting that took place at a Wal-Mart store on Wednesday.

Police officers were called to the store at 1155 W. Winneconne Avenue around 11:13 a.m. for a report of a shot being fired.

Police say 46-year-old Justine Boyd remains jailed after allegedly shooting 56-year-old Sharon Goffard while she was working in the liquor department. Both are cashiers employed by Wal-Mart.

On Thursday, authorities say the motive continues to be a mystery.

"There's nothing obvious to us, I mean, if there was a long-standing feud between the two, we're not aware of that, if there was a heated argument that morning, we're not aware of that," says Neenah Police Chief Kevin Wilkinson. "There is nothing to suggest that there is any kind of motivation such as robbery or a theft, from all appearances it was some kind of personal conflict we're attempting to understand."

Boyd remains jailed in Winnebago County on one count of attempted first-degree intentional homicide. 

Wilkinson said Boyd was arrested while at a checkout stand inside Wal-Mart shortly after the shooting. The handgun police believe was used in the shooting was also recovered.

"It's my understanding that it was legally possessed, that it was something she or her husband owned," says Wilkinson. 

Wilkinson says they're continuing the investigation by collecting statements, gathering evidence and evaluating video surveillance recordings.

Meantime, Theda Clark Medical Center Director of Trauma Dr. Ray Georgen says Goffard is lucky to be alive.

"Unfortunately the bullet damaged a number of vital structures and would've been a lethal injury if she had not been responded to quickly and put under emergency surgery," says Dr. Georgen. "Sharon required a tremendous amount of blood, we transfused her over 3 times her total blood volume to keep her alive."

Goffard remains in critical condition at Theda Clark.