KIMBERLY, WI (WTAQ) - Fire crews quickly put out a fire at the former NewPage paper mill in Kimberly Tuesday.
The call went out to the building at 433 North Main Street around 8:40 a.m.
Demolition crews were taking apart a piece of equipment inside the former mill. A spark from a welding torch they were using caused a minor blast when it reached an oil or gas can.
Fox Valley Metro Police Department officials say there was heavy smoke inside the building, but the blaze was quickly put out. No one was hurt.